Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dwelling in Beulah Land




This past Sunday we sang this hymn in church and I fell in love with it. I encourage you to read the words. They have such a powerful meaning. We also had a lady in our congregation pass away shortly before church and this song seemed perfect. Enjoy!




Dwelling in Beulah Land

Far away the noise of strife upon my ear is falling,
Then I know the sins of earth beset on every hand.
Doubt and fear and things of earth in vain to me are calling,
None of these shall move me from Beulah Land.

Refrain
I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky.
Praise God!
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry.
O yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.

Far below the storm of doubt upon the world is beating,
Sons of men in battle long the enemy withstand.
Safe am I within the castle of God's Word retreating.
Nothing then can reach me, 'tis Beulah Land.

Refrain
I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky.
Praise God!
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry.
O yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.

Let the stormy breezes blow, their cry cannot alarm me;
I am safely sheltered here, protected by God's hand.
Here the sun is always shining, here there's naught can harm me.
I am safe forever in Beulah Land.

Refrain
I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky.
Praise God!
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry.
O yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.

Viewing here the works of God, I sink in contemplation.
Hearing now His blessed voice, I see the way He planned.
Dwelling in the Spirit here I learn of full salvation.
Gladly I will tarry in Beulah Land.

Refrain

I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky.
Praise God!
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry.
O yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful song, Esther! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    That's why I had to get teeth pulled--I got 5 and a piece of a tooth pulled. They were baby teeth, though. The adult teeth were growing around the baby teeth instead of pushing them out. Now I only have one molar (is that how you spell it? I've never had to spell 'molar' before--weird, eh?) on each side on the top of my mouth--I didn't have to get any bottom ones pulled. So basically, I'm missing a bunch of teeth, making it very difficult to eat crunchy foods! The baby teeth just weren't falling out, so I had to get them pulled and thus speed up my braces-getting process...I should start working toward getting them after exams, so beginning of February. I had a nap about 15 minutes after posting that blog...post, and I didn't have any pain after I woke up. It was just a dull ache, really, though. But that didn't make it anymore pleasant.

    Anyway, I'm okay now. Just waiting for braces....I'm going to get pink and teal elastics (every other one pink and every other one teal), so I told my friend who's coming to visit during March Break to get the same ones so that we will have matching braces...lol!! Looking forward to a picture with our beautiful brace-filled smiles!

    ..emily..sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~