Thursday, January 21, 2010

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I was laying in bed last night with random things popping in my head as usual. Then this hymn came into my head. I started thinking of the title "Great is Thy Faithfulness."
I never really pondered the song; just sang it but never really thought of the meaning of the words. I started really thinking and amazed at how powerful the words are. The title really tells a lot and the words even more, being faithful to God, staying strong in our beliefs, unmovable.
Last year was a really trying time for me. I was constantly questioned what I believed and why. Of course everyone has that constantly happening but this song is such a good encouragement for that pressure.


Great is Thy Faithfulness

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not;
as thou hast been thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand hath provided;
great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
sun, moon and stars in their courses above
join with all nature in manifold witness
to thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! Refrain

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, one of my favorite hymns!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a powerful hymn! People don't really listen to words of the older hymns...but great meditation and learning can come from just studying the phrases!

    Margaret Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in to say hello and let you know that I am enjoying your site and your faith in God tremendously. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you tatted! :) Do you needle tat or shuttle tat? I started with the needle and that is what I am doing right now, although I would like to try the shuttle tatting out sometime :) Do you have any pictures posted?

    ~Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been awarded!

    http://ribbonsoflight.blogspot.com/2010/01/award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~