Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Best Deviled Eggs

I just got done making these, and I believe they are the best deviled eggs ever. (Sorry there isn't a picture, my camera batteries are dead and we don't have any more batteries.)

6-8 Hard Boiled Eggs
1/2 tsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

To boil the eggs, put them in a pan with enough room so they aren't crowded, but they won't bounce around. Pour enough cold water over them so there is about an half-an-inch above the eggs. Bring to a gentle boil. Turn down heat so the water is simmering, and let simmer 18 minutes. Drain water and pour cold water over them. Shake the pan so the eggs crack. Drain and repeat 2 or 3 times. If you crack the eggs they will peel easier.

Peel eggs and rinse to get all the pieces of shell off. Cut the egg lengthwise, and remove yolks. Be careful not to break the whites. The easiest way is to run a knife around the yolk of the egg and then pop out. Mash yolks with a fork until there are no more big chunks.

Mix all ingredients into yolks until smooth and well combined. If you want it creamier add more mayonnaise.

Sprinkle paprika on top of eggs and put an olive on top if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~