Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mother by Kathleen Norris~My Thoughts

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I think this is probably one of the best books I have read. It is so refreshing to read. About a girl with 7 siblings who lives in a small country town and works as a teacher. She then gets a job in a big city with a rich employer. While she is there, she listens to the "rich" peoples' conversations about how having so many children is such a burden. She, herself, starts wondering how her mother can be so content with housework, children, etc. The ending is wonderful and this book is a must read.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther,

    I somehow came across your old blog on HomeschoolBlogger, and then was led here, to your "new" blog - which may not be so "new" at this time. :~)

    This book "Mother" seems very nice! I'll have to see if my library has it. So I noticed you are on GoodReads - I'm going to add you as a friend, if you don't mind!

    You have a nice blog. I'll be keeping up with your new entries from now on.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    ~ Tarissa
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/inthebookcase

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~