Monday, April 5, 2010

Peace Challenge Review

This month (March) Miss Jenna from Feminine Farmgirl, had a peace challenge. I didn't start off to well. I had several things happen all at once, but I finally got back on track. Here are some verses that really helped me.

Psalms 34:14~Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

John 16:33~These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 5:1~Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:17~For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 5:13~And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

Through this challenge I have learned to check myself before I speak to my younger brothers. I tend to be a little "short" with them, but I'm really trying to be more patient with them. Not just with family, but others around me. It's much more than just an outward change, but an inward one as well. Go over to Jenna's site for April's self-control challenge and the Feelin' Feminine Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~