Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




~*~*~*~*~

FOR TODAY...Tuesday, April 20th (a day late, yes I know)

Outside my window... the sun going down behind a beautiful blanket of clouds.

I am thinking... About our homeschooling for next year. My younger two brothers are going to be homeschooled next year (I'm so excited!). Mom and I are looking through some new curriculum trying to decide if we want to switch or not.

I am thankful for... homeschooling =)

From the learning rooms... right now we are doing testing at the boys' school, but I am doing Spanish, English, Algebra II, World Geography, Physical Science, and piano.

From the kitchen... we just finished a delicious supper of T-bone steaks, red boiled potatoes, and beets.

I am wearing... My white skirt with a Purdue shirt.

I am creating... a hackey sack for Keith (what is it with teenage boys' fascination with hackey sacks?)

I am going... to be testing tomorrow and maybe Thursday =(

I am reading... Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris (very good book!), A Young Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George (another wonderful book!), II Samuel, and Luke.

I am hoping... Keith and I can go on a trip out west this summer.

I am hearing... the water from the shower.

Around the house... Andrew is in the shower, Isaiah is up stairs, Keith is here in the living room, Dad is outside in the fields, and Mom went into town.

One of my favorite things... long walks.

A few plans for the rest of the week: testing at Cornerstone tomorrow and maybe Thursday, piano lessons tomorrow, MercyMe concert on Friday!, and play piano at church on Sunday (AM and PM)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Tiger Lilies

The flowers here are just beginning to bloom and I can't wait for the tiger lilies to start blooming again.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tiger lily!!! I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, just found your blog from Feminine Farmgirl's sidebar. I love the name of your blog! It's interesting that you enjoy long walks, I do too. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~