Friday, May 14, 2010

Patchy Blogging

Sorry for the patchy blogging. It seems like I'll post for a couple days in a row and then not blog for a week. At the moment our computer is acting weird and Mom is working on it, trying to get it working again. The next post will depend on when the computer is fixed (I'm blogging from Grandma's).

It's been raining off and on for the past couple weeks, so I haven't been able to plant anything else in the garden. There was a frost the other night, and now the outer leaves on my potato plants are black. We'll have to wait and see how those turn out. The garlic and rhubarb are still doing quite well. Please pray it will get dry sometime soon. Dad hasn't got the crops in yet, and the neighbor's corn is already sprouting. Our heat in the winter depends on the corn and so do the cows.

I'm hoping to have all my schoolwork done by next Tuesday or Wednesday. Math and Spanish will probably take a little longer, but will be done by the end of next week. My younger two brothers, Isaiah and Andrew, have come to Mom and asked to be homeschooled. I'm quite excited about this. We are also using a new curriculum next year, instead of ACE. We will be using Christian Lighthouse Publication.

Tomorrow, Grandma and I will be heading down to Indianapolis for the anual DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) State Meeting. They have a fancy banquet where you wear formals. Mom is making my formal, as usual, and it is beautiful. I am taking my camera, so I will, hopefully, be posting about that. I'll post pictures of dress, too. We'll be coming back Sunday during late morning to early afternoon.

Mom and I are trying to get a blog schedule down, so our blogging isn't so patchy =) If you have any suggestions to a weekly blog post (Menu Plans, Simple Woman's Daybok, etc.) or anything you want me to write about, let me know. I'm trying to get some videos made of me playing piano, but I still need to find the right spot to put the camera so the sound isn't all messed up. They will mostly be classical pieces and hymns. Also, I'm not going to publish 'Anonymous' comments anymore unless you sign your name at the bottom. If anyone has a problem with something I'm blogging about; I don't mind hearing from you, but please leave your name. When I respond to 'anonymous' comments, I feel like I'm talking to the computer screen. A name makes it a little more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~