Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good-Bye September


I'd like to fill a treasure chest with September-
I'd take:

my Photo

the warmth of late summer sun



the brightness of marigolds

the smell of dying maple leaves
My photo

the colour of hillsides


the taste of a McIntosh apple

the thrill of finding a red ear of corn

the fun of riding in a yellow school bus

the stillness of the pumpkins
My Photo
and the security of another harvest.
My photo
I'd seal the chest carefully-and not peek
'Til the coldest day in January.
~Shirley Adwena Harvey~


Most pictures courtesy of Swagbucks.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh Esther, I love it! Beautiful!!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, your photos have captured me. Now I've got to follow you to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is great. It is one my grandmother wrote. She has passed on in about 2007 but it is neat to find poems and little treasures of hers that still exist. Thomas Harvey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~