Monday, October 25, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. My biggest pet peeve is listening to people eat, especially crunchy food.  I cannot stand listening to people eat.

2. Grandpa, Dad, and Keith along with a few other little helpers have been harvesting corn all afternoon.  They are finally back out in the fields after a minor problem with the elevator we use to put the corn into the corn cribs.  The big rush is some major winds and thunderstorms are coming in tomorrow and could be damaging to the corn.




3. Grandma, Mom and I went to Jo-Ann's today while the guys were out in the fields.  I bought yarn and a pattern for a baby's blanket to make for either a baby shower or to put in my hope chest (I guess it's not really a hope "chest" since I don't have an actual chest to put anything in).  I've made a promise not to start any other crafts until I finish my socks and a baby sweater =)  Must knit faster!

4. I made apple pie last night and it turned out a lot better than I expected.  I tweaked a recipe and made it my own =)  I'll and try and post pictures and a recipe later this week.

5. I love playing cornhole.  Our youth group  church plays cornhole a lot during the summer.  This was at a 4th of July party with our youth group.  My strapping younger brother not knowing I took his picture *evil laugh* =)



2 comments:

  1. We have HEAVY rain here right now and then 50 mph winds expected tomorrow. Gotta love the weather!!!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~