Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Giving-In


Mom and I were grocery shopping the other day and it seems every time we go to the store, we see kids begging their parents for this or that. Then the parents then give in to make their kids quit begging.  Isn't that just feeding the problem?  If the kids just got something for begging, won't they do it again?  I like to think that my kids (Lord willing) will never get away with that. =)


  I guess that seems hypocritical, since I remember begging for things when I was little. I hope I didn't go to the extreme of some of the kids I see, but I still begged for things.  Mom didn't (and still doesn't to my little bros) give in to our begging.  My biggest problem is: the parents just said no, yet the kids act like they never heard a word.  I guess my question is, is it the parents' fault for letting their kids continually beg and then giving in, or the kids' for not listening?

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. ~Ephesians 6:1~

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. ~Proverbs 13:24~

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post Ester, I lake it!

    Kisses from Croatia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~