Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Random Musings

I can see the snow coming down once again from the window.  A lot of the snow has blown away except for the occasional drifts on our sidewalk and driveway.  It's very cold out right now and the wind doesn't seem to help.  We're putting blankets over windows and a couple of doors we don't use in the winter to help with the drafts coming through the house.  Living in an old farmhouse is nice except where the insulation has sunken to the bottom of the walls and doesn't help anymore.  

The boys have put new bedding out for the cows and calves, so they're all snug up in the barn.  I just put new straw in the chicken coop and I hope that is keeping them warm.  Hopefully we'll get bubble wrap over the chicken coop windows today.  Surprisingly bubble wrap is a wonderful insulator and has helped when we have run out of blankets for the windows =)

I've been pondering many things lately.  I love sitting down and looking through the Scriptures for answers to my questions.  I've also been wondering which way to take this blog.  I haven't written many 'opinionated' posts, which is sort of unusual for me (my friends on Facebook can attest to that) =)  I'm still not sure whether I want to post controversial topics on here or not.  Maybe I'll start with one or two and just see how it goes.  It's not that I'm afraid to have criticism, I'm just not sure whether I want to turn my blog that way.  We'll see.

Prayers,

2 comments:

  1. I, too, grew up in an old farm house and remember the freezing cold wooden floors as you got out of bed and rushed to get dressed, and the frost on the INSIDE of the windows!

    I don't stray into opinion-land much on my blog either so I can totally relate to your hesitancy. I decided to keep mine the simple joy of existence with animals and nature and sharing the beauty I see each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. There is frost inside the windows when it is especially cold out. We have wooden floors upstairs and tile in the kitchen. So glad for slippers during the winter!

    Prayers,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~