Sunday, January 2, 2011

Redeemed

As we look upon the new year as fresh start to become closer to the Father, to lose weight, etc., let us not forget the fresh start we have in the Father through Jesus, His Son.  Redeemed is a beautiful hymn that reminds us of the Sacrifice made almost 2,000 years ago to give us, sinners, a fresh start in life.

Luke 1:68~Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people.

Galations 3:13a~Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us

Written by Fanny Crosby
Music by William J. Kirkpatrick


Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child and forever I am.


Refrain
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
His child and forever I am.


Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.


Refrain

I think of my bless├Ęd Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long:
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.


Refrain

I know there’s a crown that is waiting,
In yonder bright mansion for me,
And soon, with the spirits made perfect,
At home with the Lord I shall be.


Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~