Monday, May 23, 2011

An Update

This poor blog of mine has been neglected, so it's due for an update ; )

We're slowly starting to finish up school.  I've finished my U.S. History and Pre-Calc.  I'm almost done with Chemistry and World History.

Saturday I was able to get most of my garden planted.  I got in 4 rows of sweet corn, 5 rows of popcorn, 3 rows of green beans, and 6 hills of pumpkins.  I still need to get watermelon seeds, tomato plants, and pepper plants.

Saturday afternoon Dad and Keith were feeding cows.  Dad stood up in the skid-loader to cut the twine off the hay and accidentally pressed the pedal to release the bale spear.  The spear came down on his left hand and pinned it against the round bale feeder.  It broke his index finger and pinched off the end of his middle finger.  Mom was getting groceries at the time, so Grandpa ended up taking Dad to the hospital.  After eight hours, two hospitals, and a dozen stitches Mom and Dad were back home.  Dad stayed home from work today, but other than that it doesn't seem to be slowing him down.  ; )

Last night a storm went through and we lost power for an hour and a half.  Then the lights kept flickering and the last time they flickered our computer wouldn't start back up.  This morning Mom was able to get it going.  All our pictures are on here, so we'll be buying CD's to put them on, just in case =)

How have you all been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~