Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stone's Trace

Stone's Trace is an annual pioneer festival (I think I was born an 150 years too late =) ).  The past couple years I've gone with my Grandma and we've dressed up for the day.


Grandma


Me (both of our outfits are handmade)



Soldiers from the mid-1800's


Grandma quilting while at our booth


This was a steam cooker used for canning


Laundry Room


1930's Kitchen


Cameras have come a loooong way 


The people who were selling things slept in teepees.  The park doesn't allow 'modern' things like RVs on the grounds for people to sleep in.  It was funny seeing inside some of the teepees because people had beds complete with a headboard and mattress.



Guy flint knapping.  This is where we found my brother most of the day =)


Fixing Lunch



If only I had one of these....




Throwing knives and axes


The women's skillet throwing contest.  There were four men lined up across from the woman/girl throwing the frying pan and the women would try and hit the men.  It was one of the funniest things to watch.



Lots of good food


Making apple butter


Music


Honey Sticks


There was also a group of cloggers (sounded more like tap-dancing) that performed.


Just ignore the people walking in front of the camera ; )


Basket weaving

I love the pioneer (mid-1800's) era.  The way they did things, the way they dressed, pretty much everything about it I love (though I do like my inside bathroom and running water =) ).





















2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post Ester! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love your dresses, they are so pretty.
    All the photos where great!
    Many blessings,
    ~Kelsie-Anne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That would be so cool to go to something like that. I think I was born in the wrong time period too!
    Blessings,
    Tulip

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~