Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring

*Note: I started off with the intention of just posting about spring, but then I got into a basketball/football thing.  Sorry it's just a conglomeration of things =) *

I'm so excited spring is finally here!  Not that we had much of a winter, but it's still here!
{via}
{The forecast for Ft. Wayne from this previous week.  You can see the records broken and what the average high is supposed to be for March.}

This past week has been hot!  On Wednesday we almost hit 90*.  Northeastern Indiana was warmer than any other major city in the country (Phoenix, Miami, Houston, etc.)

A lot of our trees have started budding, including the lilac bushes.  I'm really hoping it doesn't freeze or the lilacs won't bloom very well.  What's spring without lilacs?!

March 014

March 015

March 031

Our forsythia bush has bloomed.  The azalea bush is starting to bloom.  I'll post pictures later =)

{via}


On a sadder note, Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets.  (No, I do not obsess over him like some other teenage girls =) )  The Jets are number three on my 'NFL Can't Stand List', right behind the Patriots and the Steelers.  (You can see why this is so sad now.) Peyton Manning was the one who took Tebow's place on the Broncos, but Manning's from the Colts.  Then the Colts get rid of all the rest of my favorite players...  *Ugh*  I don't know why I'm complaining when I'm a Cheesehead anyway.

 Pretty sad when the only drama in my life is football =)

{via}
And back to happy stuff...  IU is in the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in almost 10 years.  I don't really cheer for IU, but it's nice having a team from your home state in there.  Last night was the first time this season I've watched basketball and oh how I have missed you basketball!  I really don't know why I didn't watch it earlier...  I watched Wisconsin lose to Syracuse (which was a really good game by the way).  I really like Wisconsin, but I'll take it since the game was so good.  Anyway, tonight at 9:45 on CBS be cheering for IU. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~