Monday, May 6, 2013

Undecided

Warning: Completely random post with no real point.


Everytime I come back after an unplanned break, I always tell myself, "I'm going to blog regularly now."  I'm not even going to bother this time =)  I know it probably won't happen.  Just like telling myself, I'm going to write my penpals back in an orderly fashion every time I get a letter (sorry Hannah, I promise I'm getting your's around =) ).


So, what's been happening in Northern Indiana recently?  Well, it's finally warming up and smells like spring outside!  More like freshly cut grass and plowed fields, but that's spring to me.  Towards the end of April we ended up with 6 or 7 inches of snow one night and then it melted by noon o.O   This time last year, we were well into the 80's and had been there for about a month.  Definitely not the same this year.


I got a job sewing at a factory of sorts around mid-March.  I was there for about a month and then the doors shut.  Some super sketchy business going on there and an extremely long story behind that, so I'll spare you the details.  Needless to say, I'm back at the grocery store.  I'm enjoying it much more the second time.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I think a lot of it has to do with my mindset.  Making a conscious decision to enjoy it has helped tremendously.  I'm still not sure what I want to do job wise.  Right now I'm toying with the idea of college to get a certificate in bookkeeping.  It wouldn't be my first choice, so I don't know what's going to happen.  It would be so much easier if I knew what the future held.  Mainly if I knew, if I'd ever have a family of my own.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on something that will be completely useless in the next 10 years.   I guess for now, I'll just take it a day at a time and see where God leads me (so hard to do sometimes!).


I bought my first vehicle about two months ago!  It's a little s10 and I love it!  Sadly, I hit a deer this past week, so a headlight is missing and my passenger door won't open.  I'm hoping with a little TLC and some elbow grease (mainly Dad's =) ) it'll be good to go.


Andrew and I have got some of our garden seeds started now.  Dad plowed the garden up this past weekend, so we should get at least the beets, carrots, and onions in sometime soon.  Andrew wanted to do some plants I've never tried (like brussel sprouts and egg plant).  We'll see if they even grow since I've never messed with them before =)

Well, I guess that's a quick catch-up.  Hopefully next time won't be so long!

(All images via Pinterest except truck picture, which is mine.)



3 comments:

  1. No Problem! I always await your letters. Even before I've sent my own. LOL

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'completely random post' :D I'm loving spring and the smell of freshly cut grass and tilled up dirt :)
    I know what you mean about wanting to know what God's will for our lives are :P :) I just read an ebook by Josh Wood last night that was really good, called 'How to Find God's Will'. It was short, fun and thought provoking. You'd probably like it and he's even doing a giveaway at his blog here: http://www.joshwoodtx.com/book-giveaway/ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther,

    I just read this post (super late, I know...) and I was surprised by your what-does-the-future-hold predicament, because I have the exact same dilemma! Like, exactly the same. I'm going to college for business accounting next year, just to get some post-secondary education. I still haven't found my "passion," although I love teaching piano, which I am currently doing. I could go to university for something, but like you, I don't want to spend all kinds of money on an education if I'm eventually going to be a stay-at-home mom! It would be nice if God would tell me :P I have to admit though, it's nice knowing I'm not the only person out there with this problem! There's so much pressure to get a big job, but I don't want one, and I feel weird telling people I just want to have a family some day. :/ It's comforting knowing God already has it worked out; that even if I don't know what's all happening, God does and He's working everything out for me; all I have to do is follow Him, and everything else will fall into place. :)

    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If you submit your comment as 'anonymous' please sign your name at the bottom of the comment. I love hearing from you! I just ask that you be kind. Remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I don't mind hearing your opinions but please respect others and their opinions.
I try and respond to comments but if I'm busy it may take time. :) Thanks for visiting!

~Esther~